Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ryley ("valiant one") David ("beloved")

Ahh, Ryley, my valiant one. What a gift from God he is. He carries a load on his shoulders, as does every first born. But he carries it valiantly. He is such a good example for his younger siblings. We've recently realized how much he enjoys responsibility. He seems to thrive on it. He is learning to be a leader and has such a tender heart. We've been working on finding appropriate times for everything. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..." Ecc. 3:1 We've also been working on taming our tongues! I'm leading the way in that endeavor, as this is one of my weaknesses. We recently memorized Psalm 19:14, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, o Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." We made up fun actions to make it easier to memorize. I love how the Holy Spirit brings that verse to my mind at appropriate times.
One of Ryley's gifts seems to be working with younger children. He really enjoys little kids and they seem to feel the same about him. He is like a little kid magnet, whether we're at church, the grocery store, or at a the house of friends. He loves it.
Yesterday the other children were all off playing at their friends' houses. Ryley and I had the afternoon together. I think we both enjoyed the silence, although it took him a while to figure out what to do with himself.

Another of Ryley's talents seems to be cooking. He prepared some delicious omelets for lunch. He added to the eggs green onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and chicken sausage. Yummy!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow, Ryley. When next we come up, can you make one of your super omlets for me? So great to hear of all your accomplishments and interests. So good. Love you.
G. H.