Sunday, December 9, 2007

'Tis The Season...




Today we went hunting for the Perfect Alaska Christmas Tree. We think we came pretty close. Every year, we try to find a better tree than last year. Of course, they all look so much better outside. Then after we haul it home, stuff it through the front door, smear the hardwood floor with sap, and stand back to admire it, we look at each other and ask, "What did we think was so great about this tree? Is this really the best we could do?" We have to answer ourselves with a resounding, "yes!" As Jeremy pointed out tonight (while I grumbled about the bare spots and asymmetry while stringing lights), the TREE has nothing to do with the tree...it's all about the hunt. What awesome family memories we make each year, as we tromp around what we hope and pray is state land in search for the prettiest scrawny tree around.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love and miss you all terribly. Great Blog.
Dad H.

Ruthie said...

I forgot how the trees up there look. I would send you a pic of our tree but I think it would hurt your poor little trees feelings so I don't think that I will !!! You look very SEXY with the saw HE HE HE Later you

The Keller Troop said...

Amen to that! We Keller's love the hunt too! I am ashamed to say we have a fake (but free) tree this year. I felt pretty weird assembling it branch by branch - there's something very wrong with that. The only nice thing is that (while being redecorated again by the kids) it's fallen over a few times and I just pick it back up again and there's no mess. I would still rather have a real one any day.