Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We're Thankful


I don't know about you, but Thanksgiving sneaks up and surprises me every year. But not this year. No way. I'm onto the calendar now, and this time I was determined to be prepared. So this week we started reading the Thanksgiving story and studying about those pilgrims and their trials and joys here in the New World. This morning we made our traditional "thankfulness wreaths". I'm not real creative; this is the same craft we've done every Thanksgiving since Ryley was a baby. But it's fun to see their hands grow, along with their handwriting and the depth and details of their thankfulness.

2 comments:

Linda Worden said...

Sarah,
Your blog is great and I love your fun, interesting family tales and photos. Your children are about the same ages as our grandchildren who all live in Richmond, VA. We're going there for Thanksgiving and Sarah will join us during part of that time. Phillip, 10, Stephen, 9, Joanna, 7, Lydia, 5.

committed to serve said...

I love the hands. Tell the kids we think that they did a GREAT job. I love you all